Sunday, December 16, 2007

Just because you can.

Life has been moving at a rather rapid pace as of lately. Seems like it is hard to take a deep breath. Now, I am not complaining, just stating the facts. We have actually been having a good ol' holiday time! Chris and I have gone Christmas shopping, watched movies, baked, decorated, worked, slept, played outside and we are having a blast teaching Conan all about Santa. He is so excited that it makes it hard for me to wait as well. Oh the joys of having kids :) I have been craving egg drop soup and Cream Soda like nobody's noise. I can't get enough of the stuff. Conan asks me if that is my soda pop.

I have a list of things that I keep wanting to blog about and now that I am sitting here all ready to go...all I can think about is a dear sweet friend that has lost someone. Death is a wicked thing. It is something that I don't understand. Not so much the dying but the people who are left to pick up the pieces. My heart is heavy and I wish there was something tangible I could do to make the hurt softer in some way. I can't. It hurts. I love you CF. It has been hard this week trying to be all happy and festive knowing that there are people out there who would give anything just to hold that one person one last time for one last second. I think my husband might think I am having security issues. Every time he is near, I grab him up and hug the hell out of him. I don't want him to ever doubt how much I love him. I think this has shown me how quickly life can change and to live as if you were dying. Please everyone, what could possible be so bad that you can't pick up the phone and tell your Mom, daughter, son, sister, brother, friend, husband, grandparent, that you love them. We might just be the next one to get the phone call telling us that person is dead.

Hug your children extra tight tonight and whisper one more "I love you" just because you can.

No comments: