Thursday, August 25, 2005

PAIN!!!


Ok so I know how to roller blade...you would think anyway. When Chris and I were dating we roller bladed all the time...never fell, NOT ONCE. So, two years and a nine pound baby later we give it a go. MAJOR mistake. We were coasting along and we start down this tiny hill, turn the corner and BAM!!! right on my left thigh. Holy Cow concrete is hard and rough nothing like having a few layers of skin torn off in two seconds, not to mention the huge welt/bruise left behind. O-well I guess I will just have to be careful next time. (sorry for the image, but I had to share)

Chris and Taylor are back in the swing of school. Taylor tried out for a part in the musical "Guys and Dolls" She was emotional as her hormones were going crazy but I was proud of her for giving it all she had. Joy helped with her song and gave her some great pointers. Her 13th birthday is in a few weeks. She is having a few friends over for a slumber party. We are going to take them to the movies and order pizza.
Chris has to study quite a bit for school so we won't see him as much. I keep telling myself it is only for a little while and the payoff is worth it. I am super proud of him.

Conan is getting braver everyday. He will stand up, let go and walk all over the place. It is a hoot watching him learn this new trick. He waves his hands straight up in the air. I love being a mom!! He will be ONE in exactly 9 weeks. I already have his invitations designed and the party plans all ready to go.

3 comments:

cassy said...

Oh, Katie...that really is bad. I'm so sorry. At least it's not ME being a pain in your ass, right?

Poor Taylor. There's not enough money in the whole world to pay me to go back to being 12.

Conan is getting so brave, you're right. I just love to see him walk around with those hands in the air.

Anonymous said...

OUCH Katie!! That must HURT!!

Conan is sooo darn cute!

katertoter said...

this is really taylor. i am still really embarresd that i cried during the middle of the song but i knew iwasnt going to make it.

conan wants to say something too.

yn mhv5hszwn gqqqv c5v 7 l x

thats al for now.