Saturday, July 08, 2006

A GREAT birthday!

A birthday gone good. I was really dreading my birthday because of how I felt last year. Turning 25 was really hard. There was just something about being 25 and out of my early twenties, that was depressing. However, this year was different. Turning 26 just wasn't so bad.
On Wednesday, Angela surprised me with gifts and cheesecake. We pigged out on dessert and watched a movie. She is so awesome. She got me a James Avery star pendant and a great photo album to collect all our adventures together.
The next day Christopher made me my favorite meal for dinner. He would not let me help at all. He made Chicken strips, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and biscuits. All from scratch. I was in heaven. Conan got me a chain for the star pendant, and Chris got me the Hawaiian CD I wanted. Earlier that day the most gorgeous plant came from my mother. I got Happy Birthday phone calls from Dad, Cassy, Mom and the kids, and Debbie.
I feel so lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life.
Friday Chris and I went to Carabbas for dinner and then we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean. It was a really good movie, just really long!
Every year Chris and I get a picture taken outside the front door before we leave for dinner. Below is this years pic. If you look close you can see the necklace I received.
Thanks everyone for sharing this special day with me and making me feel so loved!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Katie! The pic of you and Chris is beautiful! You are a very lucky girl =)

CrazyMommy said...

Wow, you guys clean up pretty well!! Just kidding, you beautiful thing you!

I am so glad you enjoyed your birthday. There are many more to come and I hope they only get better.

(((HUGS)))

Kami said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I didn't even know!

MommyOutOfControl said...

Happy Birthday, what a great photo!
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Who took that picture?
OH YEAH!
I did...

Ladyornot.com said...

Thats a great picture! I am glad you had a good birthday.

(what camera do you have? I want a new one for my birthday, and trying to decide what kind to get)

Rebecca

CrazyMommy said...

It was my camera :)

katertoter said...

Nice try Angie, that photo was taking with my extra special digi camera:), by Cole of course!