Wednesday, August 02, 2006

3 Happy Years

How do I begin to tell you how lucky I am to have you in my life?
I'll start by saying what an honor it is
for me to be your wife.
You're my best friend in the good times
and my rock in times of sorrow.
You're the reason for sweet yesterdays
and my promise for tomorrow.
I never thought I could feel this loved
until I became your wife.
You made this year and every year
the best one of my life.


I was thinking the other day, when I realized that I have been married three years today. What a wonderful thing I have had for the last three years. Chris and I have grown so much as people and as a couple. I would not trade any second for anything. I lay in bed every night beside a man who cares so much about his family that sometimes I feel like I don’t deserve it.

When we first started dating and talking about getting married I wondered if one day I would wake up and that feeling of being “in love” would be gone. I used to imagine what it would be like to not feel the flip in my stomach when he called or the rush I got when he walked in the door. Christopher calls me everyday at lunch from work. I cherish that one simple phone call so much. I know, sounds cheesy, but I told myself before we got married that I would always try and appreciate the small things.

There have been days when it feels like the sun isn’t shining but I always know that he is right there behind the cloud waiting for me, loving me, unconditionally-all the time. How do you tell someone thank you for that? I don’t know, but I get to spend the rest of my life trying.
Now off to Six Flags for some roller coaster fun!!! Whoo Hoo.

8 comments:

CrazyMommy said...

Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

MommyOutOfControl said...

Wishing you many more happy years. That was a beautiful post. Show him that...and he'll know he is your everything.
Jamie

Kellie said...

Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many, many more years of that same kind of happiness!

Melanie said...

Congratulations!!!

Texan in Kuwait said...

Oh, Katie, that's such a sweet post. You do have a wonderful man, and I'm so glad he's in your life and makes you happy.

I'd have to kill him if he didn't. ;-)

Love you and sorry I didn't call on Wed. I suck.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Happy Anniversary, you are very lucky and it is so wonderful to hear that you know it!

Kami said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!