Tuesday, August 15, 2006

New Goal

I have decided to post here about losing weight. I think that if I write it down it will help hold me accountable. "They" say the healthy way to lose weight is a pound a week. (That really bites,but o-well) 2 weeks ago, Chris and I started working out again. We go to the gym 5 days a week and rest 2. I have reduced my caloric intake and I am drinking lots of water. Pretty soon I plan to cut out diet soda completely.

I plan to have a Wednesday weigh in with an update on progress. My goal is to lose 25lbs by Christmas.

2 weeks ago I weighed 165.
Today I weigh 161.

Here goes.

8 comments:

Finelly said...

I'm with ya girlie! What are you doing to reduce your calories? What are you eating every day?
What type of exercise are you getting/planning?

katertoter said...

Hi Finelly,

I am just eating half of everything I normally would be eating. I eat off of a salad plate instead of a regular plate, and no seconds! I do lots of cardio. Mostley, walking fast at an incline. It is hard, but I want to be skinnier.

What do you do? Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

el-oh-el

Kellie said...

Good luck, and it sounds like you are off to a great start. I have been doing South Beach Diet for a couple weeks and it is going really well so far. Just gotta stick with it!

Anonymous said...

I have managed to lose 10 lbs (still have about 8 or so more to go) by doing exactly what you are doing. I have to admit I have been slacking on the excercising again. Sometimes it is hard to juggle it all.

I am sure you will do great... good luck!

Finelly said...

Oooh, salad plate...good idea. Never thought about a smaller plate to control portion size.
Walking my munchkin to school every day--to and fro. Trying to eat half, but this is hard for someone who loves to eat.
It's a struggle. Maybe we can keep the other's motivation up!

Tonia said...

I will be starting that same journey early next year. We are practically the same weight with the same goal...
Good luck and I may be coming back for some tips!

katertoter said...

Wow a real support team. Thanks ladies!
and you to Cole
~katie