Tuesday, August 22, 2006

3rd Anniversary Trip

Finally I can get some pictures posted.
Chris and I went to Arlington for our 3rd anniversary. No it was not some far off exotic vacation, but we had a blast. My Mom came in from Florida to watch the kids for us. We went to church and lunch and then headed out. Chris took me to the Dallas Museum of Art. It was so cool to walk around and see first hand some amazing pieces. It is refreshing to see works in person and not just in a text book. I wore the wrong shoes and we had to bum some band aids from the security guard. I really appreciated Chris taking me and sharing in my excitement, we enjoyed the museum kid-kid free!
After the museum, we went to Texas De Brazil. YUMMY!!!
Everyone should go at least once.
After dinner we went to the movies and watched Talladega Nights.
The next day, after a breakfast at IHOP, we went to Six Flags. It was not very crowded and the sky was overcast- perfect amusement park conditions. Mid afternoon some storm clouds came in and due to the lightening they had to shut down most of the rides. We rode one more roller coaster and then we decided to leave and go eat dinner. We ate at Papasitos. Muy Bien!
We wanted to take every kid free opportunity and decided to watch another movie, no make that two more movies. We watched Lady in the Water and The Descent.
We came home the next morning and I took my Mom to the airport.
We had a great time and I look forward to many more. Thanks Honey!


Chris and I at Dinner

Me beside a Piet Mondrian

Picasso Baby!


Chris checking out some Budda.

No comments: