Thursday, April 24, 2008

life in the fast lane

Seems like we have been going a mile a minuet for the last week. Conan failed his 3rd year hearing test in his left ear and when I got back from Kuwait I noticed that I am having to repeat everything I say to him. We have an appointment with the ENT next week to get him all checked out. He also has his first dentist appointment tomorrow which he is totally excited about. I love how he is not afraid of stuff like that, makes it so much easier, not sure what I would do if he was terrified. All around I have a pretty awesome kid. He cleaned the entire living room this evening with hopes of a few quarters. Hell yeah that was worth some quarters!

We are all excited that summer is almost here and we can hit the pool. It is fun to hang out there with out route 44 Sonic drinks and waste the afternoon in the water. CANNOT WAIT!

I miss Cassy and Rylee and Khaled. It has been hard coming back. Don't get me wrong, I was super excited to see my family but I have had a heavy heart and wish we were closer. She is so happy right now and that means more to me than most of you will ever know. Love you Cassy!



These would be the little guys that guard my house from the "bad guys" Not exactly who I would call in time of need but hey, he's three.



Now for a dose of Kuwait.

Cassy takes me to this place and we are literally driving along downtown Kuwait and she pulls over to the curb and this guy comes out and she lets him know what we want. For the life of me I can't remember what this stuff is called but for now we will just refer to it as freaking awesome stuff in a tortilla. I whipped out my camera to take a picture of the chicken on the stick and the guy was posing for me, it was adorable. When our order was ready he brought it to the car and wouldn't give it to me until I had shown him the pictures. Too funny!

btw-inside the tortilla is chicken, mayo, pickles, parsley, and french fries all mixed up.




Biggest Burger King I have ever seen.


At the top of the Kuwait Towers was this man making the most incredible sand sculptures. He made one for us while we were standing there. He was super sweet and his work is amazing.
(i thought you might like my choice of descriptive word, cassy! wink wink)





Taylor had to do a school project involving flowers and pictures. Well lucky her I happen to know just a little bit about that so we ran around town trying to find the right wildflowers to photograph. It was fun and her project turned out good.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always great pics! I hope everything turns out ok with Conan's ears.

cassy said...

Shawarma. Shawarma. Shawarma. ;-)

And yes I love your choice of words. We really miss you too. I love you, sister!

Heather said...

That is AWESOME, the food sounds delish and the service sounds even better! How fun!
I hope everything is okay with Conan's ears too!
And, as usual, great pics! :)