Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pure Happiness

I have never seen my kid want and work for something so bad. We saw this Conan action figure at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and just about died. Just in case any of you didn't know this, my Conan watches Conan the Destroyer/Barbarian every other day! He loves it and he has most of it memorized, he even hums the theme song when we are driving in the car. Imagine my excitement when we happened upon this little gem. It cost $17.89. and I wanted Conan to earn money to purchase it himself. HE DID. Any time I asked him to pick up his toys- it was done before I could turn around his little hand was outstretched waiting for his quarters. I was really proud of his diligence and the fact that he understood enough at the time that we would have to come back to and purchase it when he had the money.

Today he helped me count out all his quarters and we headed to the store. I so wish I had my video camera to capture his face as we picked it out and he payed for it. PRICELESS!!! He has not set it down since we got home.






5 comments:

Finelly said...

Such a sweetie! You can see in his face how excited he is.

cassy said...

I love it, Katie! He looks so stoked.

And, OMG...when did that boy's hair get so RED??? I've never noticed it like that before - well except for the day he was born.

He's well on his way to the Conan Destroyer look!

He cracks me up. Can't wait to give him a big ole squeeze!!!

Melanie said...

I love it! You can tell how proud he is!

Joy said...

I don't think he likes it...

How proud are you Katie?! That's awesome...

Heather said...

First, SO FUNNY that he loves that show so much!
Second, how SMART are you!?! What a great mom you are, coming up with that lesson!
Finally, looks like a very successful lesson with joyous results for both of you! Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely have to keep this in mind for the future!