Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fluffy Bunny

I think with your second child what makes the experience so special is watching your other children anticipate the arrival. Conan is so sweet and sincere when he talks about his new little sister. Taylor gave me a big hug today and said she was so excited to get to hold her when she comes out. I think the bond siblings have is so special and I am amazed watching my kids interact. I know what it feels like to be a sibling but to see it from a mother's perspective has really opened my heart.

We took Conan to Build a Bear this weekend and let him create a stuffed animal for his new sister to give her at the hospital. (Baby K is secretly working on her gifts to Conan and Taylor) He enjoyed the process and has taken good care of "fluffy bunny" since we brought her home. He even sets her in the crib in the sleep position thingy to keep her safe.

Conan has his sibling class tomorrow night and is eager to learn all about being a "big brother"


3 comments:

Helen said...

What a sweet picture of Conan and bunny. :)

Finelly said...

Aww, that is a sweet bunny he made for her. You have such sweet kids, Katie.

Heather said...

As usual, amazing pictures! What sweet kids you have! You are truly a wonderful mother to have such caring and giving children.
You'll have to let me know about this 'sibling' class when the time comes for m!