Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Weekend

Where to start....Angela and I decided to try and get an early start on the weekend and ended up flying stand-by on a 4:30 flight. We arrived and made it to our hotel-starving! After asking the bus driver for a good place to eat we found ourselves as Ginos. The deep dish Chicago style pizza was all that and more. YUMMY!
The next morning we were off and running at 8:30. Headed down town with no particular place in mind we found a great hole-in-the-wall breakfast diner and ate bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches. It was freezing outside and the wind was blowing a gale. This set us on a hunt for beanies. You would think that we would be able to find one pretty easily, but no, I guess Spring was in the air because it took most of the morning to locate a hat. By the way, a great place to shop, we found out is H & M. Way Cool!
We walked around and looked in several shops. Butterfinger was doing a promotion and Angela and I gladly stopped for a picture, who knows we might just be famous some day. (Yah right)
After a look around Wrigley Field and a picture we set out for the theater where James would be.
We arrived exactly 4 hours before doors open. Did I mention it was freezing? thankfully Angela had been chatting with some die-hard JB fans on the message board and we were able to meet up with them in line and ended up having a blast waiting. We even got to see an authentic Umpa Lumpa!

Finally, it was show time. We raced in and right up to the front. After the opening bands, "A Boy Least likely To" and "Sierra Swan," JB himself made is grand appearance. His music was great and he is actually quite the entertainer. Needless to say, Angela was very happy, and I was super glad I came with her to see him. After the concert we waited outside the back stage door, twenty minutes later JB came out and we were able to snap a picture and get an autograph!!!
We were so tired from standing so long. We went back to the hotel and crashed. The next morning we went to Lincoln Park and ate the perfect Chicago style hotdogs. It was AWESOME!


We tried to get on an early flight but with 90 people flying stand-by we decided people watching was a nice way to wait. On our way to the gate I saw Hildi, from Trading Spaces. At first I wasn't sure if that was her or not but we followed her to the bathroom and when she came out we spoke with her. It was pretty cool. We watched Pride and Prejudice on Angela's enormous laptop and made it home safely.

It was a great weekend. I needed the break and I am so glad Angela asked me to go. We shared many laughs and giggles. Thanks a million girl, you are the best!

8 comments:

cassy said...

I am so laughing at your umpa lumpa! What a riot!

cassy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CrazyMommy said...

Man Katie!! You beat me to my post...I hopefully will have mine up today. However, was it a 20 min wait or a 45 min wait. I thought 45...but whatever.

I am so glad you came and I love the umpa lumpa pic

Carole said...

What's an umpa lumpa?

Anonymous said...

She does look just like an Umpa Lumpa! OMG Hilarious!

katertoter said...

Umpa Lumpa's are the little people in Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory.

katertoter said...

Thanks! We did, even if it was super cold.
Are you ready for a Dallas weekend?

Joy said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I'm so jealous of the pizza and hotdogs. Mmmmm....