Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Bubble Bath Diaries

After a nice dinner with A and the family, dishes and a sweaty workout, I took a hot bubble bath. As I was relaxing among the mountain of frothy warm vanilla sugar bubbles; I heard something. The sound of a million tiny bubbles poping in my ear. Everything else was quiet. Conan was asleep in his crib, Chris and Taylor were watching tv, and I was enjoy a sound, quite frankly I had never heard before. I mean, really heard. Sounds corney, I know, but something dawned on me. My 2007 New years resolution is to listen and hear things I have never heard before. Not just sound but everything. I want to slow down and tune in to what is happening. When Conan is shouting, "Mama, Mama" over and over, what is he really saying to me? I need you mom, please listen! What is so important that my child must call my name a dozen times just to get a CONAN, wait a minuet.
I watched Mak and Conan today and while we were outside I took some pictures of them playing. I fell in love with the sound of my camera. I love the little clicking sound it makes with I snap the picture. I love the result of the clicking....wonderful moments captured that I can look at for the rest of my life.
I hope everyone will stop and listen to the sounds of our world and the people in it.



The result of "clicking"

No comments: