Thursday, April 06, 2006

100 Things about me.

Angela tagged me with this a LONG time ago, and now I finally have it done. Sorry if you die of boredom.


100 things about me.

This is a list of 100 random things about me.

First and foremost I am a Mother and a Wife. How special is that.

I was born in Grand Junction Colorado, July 6th 1980. My Mother went into labor while watching a horror movie. I was two week late and made my Mother miss her brother’s wedding. I still get harassed for that one.

I am the second girl child…the baby, until my little sister was born almost 13 years later, then a brother who was adopted when he was four and a half.

I met Christopher when I was 19 and he was 26. I had a crush on him from the first time I heard his voice, which was in a greasy little burger joint in Stillwater Oklahoma.

I am a step-mother to a wonderful, challenging, beautiful, 13 year old. I met her when she was 6. She told her Dad that I gave the best piggy back rides ever because I had a “ledge” Brownie points for the hips.

I love photography. Pictures speak volumes to me. I would rather look at a hundred photos than read a novel.

I have a degree in Graphic Design. I love making things look “pretty.” I guess I like art because it is so subjective, there is no wrong or right.

I love to laugh.

I still get butterflies in my stomach when Christopher winks at me.

Big pink glasses and stringy hair, you get the picture, that was me in the 6th grade.

The most awesome moment in my life was hearing Conan cry for the first time. That memory will be with me until I die.

I can not stand sand and salt water on my body after it has dried. It gives me the willies. If I could go straight from the ocean to the shower that would be great.

I used to baby-sit all the time and wanted ten kids when I grew up, now holy mole, are you kidding me. I think I will enjoy the two I have and call it wonderful.

Conan and I have a freckle in the exact same spot- the middle of our left wrists. I noticed that the first time I held him. He can point out his special freckle.

People think Taylor and I look alike. That always makes us smile.

Christopher said I Love You first.

I could eat Mexican food everyday…all day.

I am organized and tidy, but as far as spotless…not exactly.

I broke my caller bone when I was six. My Dad was pushing me in a swing, after shouting, “higher, higher” I let go. Well you get the rest. I was a bit of a tom boy and paid for it dearly.

I had long hair until I was 23years old and cut it for my college senior art exhibit. It was a great feeling. Now after 2 years I want to grow it out.

The best part of being pregnant was getting to have a large belly and not having to suck in all the time. Feeling him move is a close first though.

The best part of not being pregnant is sleeping on my belly!

I believe in honesty- it is the best policy in my opinion. Nothing is more refreshing than an honest person.

I love diet coke with chips and salsa.

Did you know Christopher is a great cook and has taught me so many things? He cooks and I bake. Great combination.

My full name is Katrina Michelle, however for the first two days they called me “Trina” Mom hated it and I have been Katie ever since. Most people think my name is Kathryn-nope.

I had a miscarriage before Conan. That was one of the worst experiences I have ever been through. It felt as if someone had ripped my heart out and thrown it away. I am almost certain my heart stopped beating for a brief moment. I would not wish that on anyone.

I love watching Taylor play soccer.

I always cry during Taylor’s choir concerts. Knowing her mother is out there choosing not to be in her life really bothers me. It always looks like Taylor is scanning the crowd looking for her, only she is not there. I feel lucky to be apart of someone so special.

I probably kiss Conan’s cheeks a hundred times a day.

I have never hit anyone.

I got my nose pierced in 2003.

I love fall and winter. Smell has a lot to do with it. I love the crisp air when you walk outside and how it makes my nose red. Wood-burning stoves and hot chocolate, very nice.

I am a TLC and Food Network junky.

There is nothing better than a GREAT love song. A song written so well that it moves your heart. Hey now I am sounding like Delilah…brother. But really, I think Angela said it best when she said, “I relate a lot of things in my life to songs.” That hits the nail on the head. Music is very powerful.

I have been to Hawaii twice. Once, for a week with my Mom and the second time was on my honeymoon. Chris and I spent two weeks on the beautiful island of Kauai. It was absolute bliss.

I LOVE dill pickles. I eat them all the time, I even drink the juice. However, I could not stand them while I was pregnant. Go figure.

I love to snowboard.

I am married to the most wonderful person. He encourages me and believes in me all the time. He said before we got married, if our relationship did not make me more confident, more independent and more secure than he was doing something wrong. How profound is that. I love that man.

I want to be skinny and in shape. I want to be a hot momma!

The first thing I notice about people are their eyes. You can tell a lot about someone just by their eyes.

I tend to procrastinate and put things off until there is an absolute deadline. I think that is why I enjoyed college so much. I always went to class and always got my work done. I am most effective with a tight schedule.

I think people in Dallas drive way to fast and careless. Maybe my driving has changed since having kids but please people SLOW DOWN.

My Grandma Peggy is a gem. There is not another person in the world like her.

No one person has taught me more than my little sister. She and I share something so special I can’t even begin to explain. She is unbelievable.

Having a baby has completely changed me in so many ways. For those of you who are mothers I don’t have to explain for those of you who aren’t I can’t explain.

Painting my finger and toe nails makes me feel girly.

You are right Angela, 100 things about me is hard. Two more to go and I am half way there!

I have broken all ten of my fingers. All of them were basketball accidents. I am a little on the aggressive side. Let’s just say my defense game is way better than my offense.

One of my favorite movies is Forrest Gump. What a great flick. Princess Bride is good and so is Water World. It is really hard to pick one favorite. I like so many for different reasons. I like action, romance, comedy, drama……just depends on the mood.

I always buy things that are on sale. I have the patients to wait a week and come back for some major savings. Taylor finally gets the idea. She told me the other day when we were at the mall, “Mom lets wait two weeks and come back when all of this stuff is on sale.” Halleluiah!! I think she gets the idea that if you buy on sale, you get more. Smart girl.

My favorite part of the day is the end. Chris and I will stay up for hours talking and lying as close to each other as possible. I believe that is where our relationship grows, in the last few hours of the day.

I have never been overseas. I really really want to tour Italy, Rome and Greece.

I have had viral meningitis twice. Very painful.

Purple is my favorite color. Lots and lots of purple. Makes me happy.

I love to travel. I enjoy seeing where and how other people live.

I am a huge people watcher. Airports and malls can keep me entertained for hours.

The only person I will drink after is Christopher.

I love sleeping in, not that I get to do that anymore, but the thought is nice.

I wish I was more successful than I am now. I guess if I could possess one trait it would be to be a self motivator. I have lots of ideas; I just have a hard time putting them in motion.

Christopher is my best friend and biggest fan.

I do not want to have any regrets at the end of my life. I try and make decisions so that I do not regret them later.

I have always loved children with downs syndrome. I believe they are angels.

My favorite holiday is Valentine’s Day. Even when I did not have a Valentine I still loved that day. I guess I was into the colors and the candy!

I have a small mouth. Several people have told me that and now I am self-conscious of my widdle bitty mouth.

I have seen: Sarah Mclachlan, GooGoo Dolls, Vanessa Carlton, Third Eye Blind, Heart, Ben Folds, Bare Naked Ladies, Better Than Ezra and James Blunt in concert.

One of my most favorite things is live theatre. For my 23 birthday Christopher took me to see Chicago. It was great. I have seen many fabulous plays and enjoyed them all. I would love to participate in one someday…

5 days before I gave birth to Conan it was Halloween, Chris, Taylor and I walked 4 miles to try and start labor. It worked, I was contracting every 3 minuets until we got back to the house and they stopped, just like that not another one. O-well he came right on his due date…with a little help.

I want to go skydiving before I die.

I like to look at things differently. From another angle or view. It amazes me what you can see if you look at something differently than you normally would.

I prefer biscuits over rolls.

When Chris and I go to the movies we always share popcorn and chocolate.

Judgmental people annoy me.

I have a hard time trusting people. I guess some things in my past will prevent me from possessing complete trust.

I believe you can learn something from every situation. There is knowledge in everything; you just have to find it.

I have done a lot of things a little bit and I am not really good at one thing. I wish I could say I was good at but I can’t.

When I was little I used to ride long sticks from the Willow tree in the back yard and pretend they were horses. I would ride them up and down the street, yes in public. I know, I know.

I love onions, but I hate onion rings.

Carmel anything is good.

When I was seven I got in trouble for calling the neighbor boy a penis. After adamantly denying it, the same boy ran by the front door and I called him a penis again, needless to say, I was found guilty.

I used to hate Oreos, now I LOVE them!

I dislike the fact that I am 25 years old and still getting zits. Hello- will this ever end?

If I could possess one trait, it would be humor. I wish I was witty. I would love to be able to make people laugh-I mean really laugh, because it was funny.

Having one good friend is better than a ton of superficial ones.

I think I am officially addicted to blogger.

I have always wanted to be on Amazing Race.

I like to watch American Idol.

Watching Conan learn something new everyday is so amazing.

Getting old scares me.

I am afraid of dying young and not seeing my children grow up.

I take really hot baths. So hot, that my skin is pink afterwards.

My Mom is one of the kindest people I know.

My brother is the best “pretender” I have ever met.

I don’t want to be fat any more

I wish I had more patients.

Conan has taught me what unconditional love is.

I took the 5 love languages test and I need quality time and then physical touch…I don’t remember the other ones.

I have never been on a cruise, but would love to go.

Chris and I want to travel together-someday.

100 – I am done! This was a lot harder than I though it would be. I guess I am pretty boring.

6 comments:

CrazyMommy said...

You are really not boring!! I loved it...I feel like I know more about you then I thought I did. You are talented when it comes to art...hands down I will never buy another piece of art...you will have to paint everything I hang in my house. Congrats on finishing you 100 things!

katertoter said...

Better late than never, right? I know when everyone else did theirs I enjoyed reading them. You can learn a lot about someone...well at least 100 things!
~kt

katertoter said...

Good luck with the house, I know you wnat to finish it soon. Thank goodness for extra sunlight!

Anonymous said...

Katie~
I loved reading your list. I am so happy to have your sister in my life and that I was able to meet you. You are an exceptional person!

cassy said...

OMG, I loved your list. You're funny. No really, I laughed when I was reading this.

Maybe b/c I saw you ride sticks from the willow tree down the street. Gah.

Michelle said...

That was great Katie; I really enjoyed reading it!!