Friday, April 21, 2006

When I grow up....

I guess I'll be a teacher. So here starts the beginning of yet another adventure. Why is it that I can not make up my mind as to what I want to be when I grow up. Or maybe the question should be, will I ever grow up? Who says you have to be one thing all the time? Why can't I be anything and everything that sparks my interest. I have a perfectly good degree in something I absolutley love, but can't seem to find the right opportunity to use it. (well, use it to make any type of decent income) I really enjoy the freelance jobs I have been working on. Thanks to the Moms I have met online, and their ever growing children, who just happen to have birthdays every year and NEED me to design some kick butt invitations, I have managed to stay busy.

So why the need to become a teacher, spend more money and time I really don't have? I guess because I have always wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. My mother tells me I used to "teach" my teddy bears and baby dolls in my room. Up until my Sophomore year in High School I was going to be a teacher. Art is my passion for sure, it always will be. I will continue to embrace and instill an appreciation for art in my own children, now I have been given the opportunity to do the same for people I have never met. For once, in a long time I am truly excited about teaching, and I get to teach ART!!!

I have been struggling with myself and the need to feel like I am contributing in some form or fashion for a while now. Don't get me wrong, I love staying home with my son and being home when Taylor gets out of school. That has always been important to me and still is. I treasure the time I have with Conan. I am also terrified of the first day I have to leave my baby in the arms of another person. Chris has always been super supportive of me and anything I have ever done or wanted to try. He has never pressured me to go out and get a job, he just wants me to be happy. Bottom line-I think teaching WILL make me happy. (we'll find out, won't we)

I am excited for the future. Who know what I will be doing 3 years from now, but my hope is that I will have made a difference, no matter how small, in someones life. I am humbled.
Thansk for listening and supporting---you know who you are:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie,
No matter what you do I am sure you will be successful! But hats off to you if you do infact become a teacher =)

Tonia said...

Yeah sorry, I did change it. www.babymtwo.blogspot.com And I am trying to figure out how to delete your comment on Rece's but can't could you go back and delete it? Thanks, he didnt tell family about #2

CrazyMommy said...

kt-

You can be anything you want to be. I think you will make an incredible teacher. You will see, you will not only make a difference with your own children, you will make a difference with your students as well. I am so proud of you, it is a big step and one I know you will take on with all your efforts. You have been and will continue to be a good mother and someday you will see the rewards of your hard work!

Love ya!

cassy said...

Katie, I'm so proud of you for doing this. I know you'll be a wonderful teacher.

If it makes you feel any better, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

katertoter said...

Thanks everyone. You guys are great.
milf-I had no idea you wanted to be a teacher, you would be so awesome at it.
erin- thanks a million
t- oops, so very sorry if I spilled the beans.
My girl A-BFF, like totally!
Cassy-Thanks for the support, you are always there!

Melanie said...

I think you'll love teaching if you are teaching something you are passionate about. Good luck!