Sunday, April 09, 2006

Stupid frigg'n fire ants...



I feel so bad. Conan and Mak Mak played outside in our backyard for 2 hours yesterday. It was a great day and we all had a blast. This morning when I went to change Conan's diaper I noticed his foot looked funny. It is all swollen and a funky red/purple color with about 12 ant bites! Just on his foot. It is swollen to twice its normal size. HOLY COW, poor baby. I am upset because I did not put shoes on Conan. Thankfully Mak Mak had hers on. I called Angela this morning to have her check and Mak Mak is all clear. Yah!
I called the nurse and she told me to give him Benadryl every four hours until the swelling goes down. I am going to have the yard sprayed for ants, that's for sure.

6 comments:

CrazyMommy said...

YIKES! Poor Conan...hope he feels better soon. Like this afternoon when you guys come for dinner!

MommyOutOfControl said...

I hope he feels better real soon. Poor little guy...glad Makena didn't get bit (but wish Conan hadn't either!)
Jamie

katertoter said...

Thank you both. His foot is still swollen this morning and the nurse I talked to today said they would feel better if I took him, so we might just head that way after his nap.
~kt

Anonymous said...

Aw poor Conan! How did the doctor visit go?

cassy said...

Awwwww...my poor boy. =(

Kami said...

OUCH! I can't believe he didn't complain!! Nik is always outside without shoes. Crap.

Call your bug guy. They can bait the yard for those suckers.